About the Hiring Process
Thank you for your interest in joining Broward Health. All current employment opportunities are posted on our website. We invite you to apply for positions that match your qualifications, interests and future goals. All applications will be screened for minimum and preferred qualifications. Here you will find a brief outline of the steps you need to take to complete your online application:
1. Define your search: Using the drop down menus, you can search by category, facility and keywords. Or search all jobs.
2. View your results: Click the "Begin Search" button and this will populate a list of available jobs that meet your search criteria. You can sort each column by clicking on the tabs at the top. You can sort by date, job title or facility.
3. Select your job: Find the opportunity you’re interested in and click on the job title. This will bring you to the job details page for a brief description and general requirements. You will also have a few options:
- Apply now
- Add to job cart, which allows you to apply to multiple jobs at one time
- Tell a friend: You can email this job to a friend
- Return to search results
4. First-time user: If this is the first time you are applying, click on the new user button. You will be prompted to create a user name that must be a valid email address. If you don’t have an email account before starting the application, you can establish one using hotmail.com, yahoo.com or google.com. You will also be asked to create a password. Please enter all the information in the required fields and click “Register.” On your next visit, you will be a returning user and will need to use your password and login information.
5. Returning user: Enter your user name and password information.
6. Review the Customer Service Expectations form: At the bottom of the page, type in your name to confirm that you’ve reviewed the content. Then click “Continue to Application.”
7. Complete job application: Complete the necessary fields (contact info, work history, education, etc.) with your information and review the terms. If you agree to the terms, select continue.
8. Review job application: At this step in the process, you can review your application and make any edits, if necessary. If changes are needed, click “edit” but if no edits are required, click “finish” to send your application.
9. Confirmation: You will receive a confirmation page that lets you know your application has been submitted for review.
10. Application Flow: Once an application is received, the following steps may occur:
- The recruitment team reviews all applications.
- Selected applicants are those whose skills and qualifications most closely meet the requirements of the position.
- If you are selected for an interview, you will be contacted by the department manager.
11. Interview Process:
- Interviews may occur by phone, in person and/or by interview panel.
- The recruitment process may include pre-employment testing to validate skills, knowledge and/or competencies.
- When selected to participate in the interview process, the outcome of the process is communicated either via telephone or email.
Final Steps of the Recruitment Process
- Reference checking is a standard and final step in the recruitment process. Generally, references are requested early in the process.
- Successful candidates selected to fill the position are contacted by the recruitment team, at which time an offer of employment is made.
Please keep in mind that all qualified applicants will be required to provide or undergo the following: - A background screening - A drug screen - TB skin test - Pre-employment physical - Proof of licensure (if applicable) - Proof of citizenship or eligibility to work in the United States
We are fortunate to have a high volume of qualified applicants applying for similar positions. This means we often have some difficult hiring decisions. If you are not selected for a specific position, we encourage you to review our hospital website regularly and apply to positions as they come available.
Open positions are posted daily, Monday through Friday (except holidays) on Browardhealth.org.
Positions may close for any reason at any time.
- Applications may be submitted via our online system only.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- The electronic application is the formal Employment Application that will be included in your employment records if you are offered and accept an employment offer at Broward Health. Therefore, it is important that you complete all fields as thoroughly as possible (stating 'refer to resume' is not sufficient for this step).
- While not required, we strongly encourage you to include your salary history and expectations when applying.